WooCommerce is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution.
Our core platform is free, flexible, and amplified by a global community. The freedom of open-source means you retain full ownership of your store’s content and data forever.
Whether you’re launching a business, taking brick-and-mortar retail online, or developing sites for clients, use WooCommerce for a store that powerfully blends content and commerce.
- Create beautiful, enticing storefronts with themes suited to your brand and industry.
- Customize pages in minutes using modular product blocks.
- Showcase physical and digital goods, product variations, custom configurations, instant downloads, and affiliate items. Bookings, memberships, subscriptions, and dynamic pricing rules are only an extension away.
- Rise to the top of search results by leveraging WordPress’ SEO advantage.
Built-in tools and popular integrations help you efficiently manage your business operations. Many services are free to add with a single click via the optional Setup Wizard.
- Choose how you want to get paid. Conveniently manage payments from the comfort of your store with WooCommerce Payments (Available in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and now: Spain, France, Germany, and Italy). Securely accept cards, mobile wallets, bank transfers, and cash thanks to 100+ payment gateways – including Stripe, PayPal, and Square.
- Configure your shipping options. Print USPS labels right from your dashboard and even schedule a pickup with WooCommerce Shipping (U.S.-only). Connect with well-known carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and ShipStation – plus a wide variety of delivery, inventory, and fulfillment solutions for your locale.
- Simplify sales tax. Add WooCommerce Tax or similar integrated services to make automated calculations a reality.
Grow your business, add features, and monitor your store on the go
WooCommerce means business. Keep tabs on the performance metrics most important to you with WooCommerce Admin – a powerful, customizable central dashboard for your store.
Expand your audience across marketing and social channels with Google Ads, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Facebook integrations. You can always check out the in-dashboard Marketing Hub for fresh ideas and tips to help you succeed.
Enhance store functionality with hundreds of free and paid extensions from the official WooCommerce Marketplace. Our developers vet each new extension and regularly review existing inventory to maintain Marketplace quality standards. We are actively looking for products that help store builders create successful stores.
Manage your store from anywhere with the free WooCommerce mobile app (Android and iOS). Spoiler alert: Keep an ear out for the slightly addictive “cha-ching” notification sound each time you make a new sale!
Own and control your store data – forever
With WooCommerce, your data belongs to you. Always.
If you opt to share usage data with us, you can feel confident knowing that it’s anonymized and kept secure. Choose to opt-out at any time without impacting your store.
Unlike hosted eCommerce solutions, WooCommerce store data is future-proof; should you wish to migrate to a different platform, you’re free to export all your content and take your site wherever you choose. No restrictions.
Why developers choose (and love) WooCommerce
Developers can use WooCommerce to create, customize, and scale a store to meet a client’s exact specifications, making enhancements through extensions or custom solutions.
- Leverage hooks and filters to modify or create functionality.
- Integrate virtually any service using a robust REST API and webhooks.
- Design and build custom content blocks with React.
- Inspect and modify any aspect of the core plugin code.
- Speed up development with a lightning-fast CLI.
The core platform is tested rigorously and often, supported by a dedicated development team working across time zones. Comprehensive documentation is updated with each release, empowering you to build exactly the store required.
Be part of our growing international community
WooCommerce has a large, passionate community dedicated to helping merchants succeed, and it’s growing fast.
There are WooCommerce Meetups in locations around the world that you can attend for free and even get involved in running. These events are a great way to learn from others, share your expertise, and connect with like-minded folks.
WooCommerce also has a regular presence at WordCamps across the globe – we’d love to meet you.
Contribute and translate
WooCommerce is developed and supported by Automattic, the creators of WordPress.com and Jetpack. We also have hundreds of independent contributors, and there’s always room for more. Head to the WooCommerce GitHub Repository to find out how you can pitch in.
WooCommerce is translated into multiple languages, including Danish, Ukrainian, and Persian. Help localize WooCommerce even further by adding your locale – visit translate.wordpress.org.
- PHP 7.2 or greater is recommended
- MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended
Visit the WooCommerce server requirements documentation for a detailed list of server requirements.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of WooCommerce, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New.”
In the search field type “WooCommerce,” then click “Search Plugins.” Once you’ve found us, you can view details about it such as the point release, rating, and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by! Click “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
Manual installation method requires downloading the WooCommerce plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work smoothly, but we still recommend you back up your site.
If you encounter issues with the shop/category pages after an update, flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hitting “Save.” That should return things to normal.
WooCommerce comes with some sample data you can use to see how products look; import sample_products.xml via the WordPress importer. You can also use the core CSV importer or our CSV Import Suite extension to import sample_products.csv
Where can I find WooCommerce documentation and user guides?
Where can I get help or talk to other users about WooCommerce Core?
If you get stuck, you can ask for help in the WooCommerce Support Forum by following these guidelines, reach out via the WooCommerce Community Slack, or post in the WooCommerce Community group on Facebook.
Where can I get help for extensions I have purchased on WooCommerce.com?
For assistance with paid extensions from the WooCommerce.com Marketplace: first, review our self-service troubleshooting guide. If the problem persists, kindly log a support ticket via our helpdesk. Our dedicated Happiness Engineers aim to respond within 24 hours.
I’m having trouble logging in to WooCommerce.com – what now?
Will WooCommerce work with my theme?
Yes! WooCommerce will work with any theme but may require some additional styling. If you’re looking for a theme featuring deep WooCommerce integration, we recommend Storefront.
How do I update WooCommerce?
We have a detailed guide on How To Update WooCommerce.
My site broke – what do I do?
Start by diagnosing the issue using our helpful troubleshooting guide.
If you noticed the error after updating a theme or plugin, there might be compatibility issues between it and WooCommerce. If the issue appeared after updating WooCommerce, there could be a conflict between WooCommerce and an outdated theme or plugin.
In both instances, we recommend running a conflict test using Health Check (which allows you to disable themes and plugins without affecting your visitors) or troubleshooting the issue using a staging site.
Where can I report bugs?
Report bugs on the WooCommerce GitHub repository. You can also notify us via our support forum – be sure to search the forums to confirm that the error has not already been reported.
Where can I request new features, themes, and extensions?
Request new features and extensions and vote on existing suggestions on our official ideas board. Our Product teams regularly review requests and consider them valuable for product planning.
WooCommerce is awesome! Can I contribute?
Where can I find REST API documentation?
Extensive WooCommerce REST API Documentation is available on GitHub.
My question is not listed here. Where can I find more answers?
Check out Frequently Asked Questions for more.
Contributors & Developers
“উকমার্স” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Enhancement – Add support for 2022 theme shop and product pages. ( #31536 )
- Enhancement – Add support for 2022 my account pages. ( #31575 )
- Enhancement – Add support for 2022 checkout page. ( #31630 )
- Fix – Use inline
onloadevent instead of jQuery
load. ( #31623 )
- Fix – Removes the revert warning about is_ajax. ( #31672 )
- Tweak – Better styling for checkout form for 2022 theme. ( #31619 )
- Tweak – Center product cards in the 2022 theme. ( #31626 )
- Tweak – Fix font sizes in single product tabs area in 2022 theme. ( #31632 )
- Tweak – Modify background color for
markelements in 2022 theme. ( #31631 )
- Tweak – Adjusts basis of overlay in 2022 theme checkout. ( #31633 )
- Tweak – Improve order details table on narrow viewports in 2022 theme. ( #31634 )
WooCommerce Blocks – 6.5.2
- Fix – Update WooCommerce plugin slug for Block Templates. ( #5519 )
- Fix – Ensure coupon data is stored consistently when created outside of frontend checkout. ( #31338 )
- Fix – Correct hardcoded template directory email path. ( #31321 )
- Fix – Update
countparam consistently to make
remote_fileparam accurate. ( #31227 )
- Fix – errant stock adjustment on restocked items when saving partially refunded orders. ( #31172 )
- Fix – REST API now supplies the correct pagination information when fetching tax rates. ( #30890 )
- Fix – Update block theme checks to work when Gutenberg is not enabled. ( #31523 )
- Tweak – Adds the image size to the thumbnail gallery nav. ( #31407 )
- Tweak – Geolocating a specific IP address should not be impacted by request headers. ( #31394 )
- Tweak – Update shipping base address settings wording. ( #31383 )
- Tweak – Fix db version inconsistency during updates spanning multiple versions. ( #31373 )
- Tweak – Add ReturnTypeWillChange attributes to prevent errors in PHP 8.1. ( #31286 )
- Tweak – Improve accessibility of the variable product add to cart table on product singles. ( #31105 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Republicana Dominicana & add states. ( #31191 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Albania & add states. ( #31190 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Costa Rica & add states. ( #31189 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Colombia & add states. ( #31188 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Guatemala & fix iso code for states. ( #31187 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Ecuador & add states. ( #31186 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Bolivia & add states. ( #31181 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Honduras & add states. ( #31180 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Nicaragua & add states. ( #31179 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Panama & add states. ( #31178 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Paraguay. ( #31177 )
- Update – Change Label of States for El Salvador & add states. ( #31176 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Venezuela & fix iso code for states. ( #31175 )
- Update – Change Label of States for Uruguay & add states. ( #31167 )
- Update – Show fallback message when extensions marketplace cannot connect to WCCOM API. ( #31126 )
- Update – Add support for Gutenberg 12.1.0 block template naming convention in themes. ( #31522 )
- Dev – Deprecated is_ajax() in favor of WordPress’s own wp_doing_ajax() function. ( #31113 )
ActionScheduler – 3.4.0
- Enhancement – Number of items per page can now be set for the Scheduled Actions view (props @ovidiul). ( #771 )
- Fix – Do not lower the max_execution_time if it is already set to 0 (unlimited) (props @barryhughes). ( #755 )
- Fix – Avoid triggering autoloaders during the version resolution process (props @olegabr). ( #731 & #776 )
- Dev – ActionScheduler_wcSystemStatus PHPCS fixes (props @ovidiul). ( #761 )
- Dev – ActionScheduler_DBLogger.php PHPCS fixes (props @ovidiul). ( #768 )
- Dev – Fixed phpcs for ActionScheduler_Schedule_Deprecated (props @ovidiul). ( #762 )
- Dev – Improve actions table indicies (props @glagonikas). ( #774 & #777 )
- Dev – PHPCS fixes for ActionScheduler_DBStore.php (props @ovidiul). ( #769 & #778 )
- Dev – PHPCS Fixes for ActionScheduler_Abstract_ListTable (props @ovidiul). ( #763 & #779 )
- Dev – Adds new filter action_scheduler_claim_actions_order_by to allow tuning of the claim query (props @glagonikas). ( #773 )
- Dev – PHPCS fixes for ActionScheduler_WpPostStore class (props @ovidiul). ( #780 )
WooCommerce Admin – 3.0.0 & 3.0.1 & 3.0.2 & 3.0.3
- Fix – Fix an issue with the code that makes use of an invalid parameter with a PHP function. The use of this invalid parameter causes PHP 8 to throw a Fatal Error. ( #7855 )
- Fix – Fix TaskList UI experiment enablement logic. ( #7930 )
- Fix – Navigation nudge note and navigation feedback notes will delete themselves if the navigation feature is not available. ( #7914 )
- Fix – Replace old task list option calls with data store selectors. ( #7820 )
- Fix – Self-delete NavigationFeedbackFollowUp note when navigation feature is not present. ( #7939 )
- Fix – Fix PHP Warning on ‘Add new product’ page. ( #7989 )
- Fix – Fix usage of WordPress DatePicker component. ( #7982 )
- Fix – Fix shipping task completion status. ( #8031 )
- Fix – Do not initialize WC Pay promotion if spec is empty. ( #8087 )
- Fix – Render the activity panel when the experimental tasklist is hidden. ( #8111 )
- Fix – Fix blank payment gateway method in table when WooCommerce Payments is not supported. ( #8122 )
- Add – Add option to dismiss promotional payment gateway. ( #7965 )
- Add – OBW – Add number of employees field. ( #7963 )
- Add – Add
woocommerce_allow_marketplace_suggestionsfilter to WooCommerce Payments payment method promotion. ( #8117 )
- Update – Ending wcpay promotion experiment and always displaying in payment methods table.
- Update – Hide InboxPanel header when it is rendered in the sidebar. ( #7952 )
- Update – Introduce a 320 character limit for inbox note contents. ( #7958 )
- Update – Move payments task to extended task list when WC Pay task is shown. ( #7980 )
- Update – Rename Inbox to Activity from the activity header. ( #7879 )
- Update – Load both actioned and unactioned notes. ( #7983 )
- Dev – Explicitly sets the Node version to 14 in .nvmrc to prevent incompatible versions of Node from being used with nvm. ( #7932 )
- Dev – Remove unused npm package @woocommerce/settings. ( #7949 )
- Dev – Update payment method recommendation to new woocommerce.com endpoint. ( #7913 )
- Dev – Use abstraction to add and retrieve task data. ( #7918 )
- Tweak – Added dismiss all button for inbox notes.
- Tweak – Implement note read state. ( #7896 )
- Tweak – Add inbox_panel_view tracks event. ( #8002 )
- Enhancement – Add tests to Subscriptions inclusion. ( #7804 )
WooCommerce Blocks – 6.4.0 & 6.5.0 & 6.5.1
- Enhancement – Pass to payment methods a wrapper component that handles the loading state. ( #5135 )
- Enhancement – Added global styles (text color, link color, line height, and font size) to the Product Title block. ( #5133 )
- Fix – Gate WC template editing (FSE) to versions of WC 6.0 or higher. ( #5210 )
- Fix – Fix manual entry within Quantity Inputs in Cart block. ( #5197 )
- Fix – Correctly align Terms and Conditions block checkbox in Checkout block. ( #5191 )
- Fix – Add support for decimal and thousand separators in the
formatPricefunction. ( #5188 )
- Fix – Reduce the size of the checkbox component label to prevent accidental input. ( #5164 )
- Fix – Lazy load missing translation files on frontend to ensure that all visible texts are translatable. ( #5112 )
- Fix – Fixed Featured Product Block search not working for large stores. ( #5156 )
- Fix – Fixed error reporting block templates do not exist after editing WooCommerce templates on WP 5.8. ( #5425 )
- Fix – Added By template column value is user friendly for modified WooCommerce block templates. ( #5420 )
- Fix – Avoid WooCommerce template names being editable. ( #5385 )
- Fix – Use the themes product archive block template for product category & product tag pages if the theme does not have more specific templates for those. ( #5380 )
- Fix – Fixed issue with variable products add to cart error, and gallery not updating to show correct product variant image. ( #5346 )
- Fix – Fix error when reverting WooCommerce templates. ( #5342 )
- Fix – Fix: WooCommerce block templates loading for WP 5.9 without Gutenberg plugin. ( #5335 )