Spider Blocker will block most common bots that consume bandwidth and slow down your server. It will accomplish this by
using Apache .htaccess file to minimize impact on your website. It will also hide itself from external scanner. Only works
with Apache server and mod_rewrite enabled.
- Block Unlimited bots from viewing your site
- Easy Export/Import rules (comes with most common list of bots)
- Zero Footprint
- Upload ‘spider-blocker’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Tools menu and then **SpiderBlocker* to configure
- If you use any other plugin to edit .htaccess file, make sure that content of file is valid
ফেব্রুয়ারী 13, 2021
Apparently you need to keep your htaccess readable all the time or the plugin turns off. I cannot find any info if the htaccess still needs the plugin to function after this. This does not make me feel safe at all
January 28, 2020
Does what it promises to do. No more bad bots to my WP blog 🙂
January 26, 2020
I like that you can add additional bots. It does what it says and keeps the worst offenders of your page out of the box It also didn't crash my multi site or disable admin or anything (like "Stop bad bots")
সেপ্টেম্বর 3, 2016 1 reply
This plugin doesn't work on any of my installations out of the box. You need to change $_ENV["SERVER_SOFTWARE"] to $_SERVER["SERVER_SOFTWARE"] Maybe this should be adjusted ? Once changed it does its job though!
সেপ্টেম্বর 3, 2016
This plugin does exactly what you think it does if this is the type of plugin you are already looking for. It is very simple and effective.
Contributors & Developers
“Spider Blocker” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Spider Blocker” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added prlog.ru bot
- Added support for WP v5.6+
- Fix issue with class constants
- Visual fixes and code clean-up
- Added support for LiteSpeed server
- Code clean-up
- Support for the latest version of WordPress