“Import Tweets as Posts” plugin allows to easily import tweets from user’s timeline or search query. It has also flexibility to import tweets as custom post type “tweet”. Other settings that user can specify are tweet import interval time, number of tweets to import, Category, Text before tweet post title. There is also options to exclude retweets and replies from user’s twitter timeline.
Released under the terms of the GNU GPL, version 2.
Copyright (c) 2015 Chandan Kumar
Extract the import-tweets-as-posts/ folder file to /wp-content/plugins/
Activate the plugin at your blog’s Admin -> Plugins screen
Go to Plugin Settings from “settings -> Import Tweets as Posts”
Enter Twitter OAuth Keys (consumer key, consumer secret, access token, access token secret) in plugin settings fields (See FAQs or Post How to Create Twitter Application and Generate OAuth Authentication Keys)
Also make the following fields settings as per your requirements:
- Import Tweets From: ‘User Timeline’ or ‘Search Query’.
- Enter ‘Twitter Id’ or ‘Search String’ as per above selection.
- if importing tweets from search query, Set ‘Twitter Search Result Type’.
- No. of Tweets to Import
- Tweets Imports Time Interval (e.g. Enter “1” for 1 minute interval)
- Tweets Post Title Prefix:
- Add custom text before tweet post title e.g. “Tweet: “
- Set Tweets Post Title Characters Limit (e.g. 40).
- Set Tweet Post type as “post” or “tweet”.
- Set Post Category, if post type is “post”.
- Set Twitter Posts Default Status
- Import Retweets
- Exclude Replies
- Set Twitter posts publish date as per WordPress timezone
Note: All fields are required to work this plugin more efficiently.
- How do I get Twitter OAuth keys?
To create your Twitter OAuth API Keys for the first time, just go through the steps:
- Go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new and log in, if necessary
- Supply the necessary required fields, accept the TOS, and solve the CAPTCHA.
- Submit the form
- Copy the consumer key and consumer secret from the screen into your application
- Ensure that your application is configured correctly with the permission level you need (read-only, read-write, read-write-with-direct messages).
- On the application’s detail page, invoke the “Your access token” feature to automatically negotiate the access token at the permission level you need.
- Copy the indicated access token and access token secret from the screen into your application. Be sure and configure your application as needed before attempting the “your access token” step.
- Can I schedule twitter feed check/import interval time?
Yes, you can specify the schedule time in field called “Tweets Imports Time Interval” under plugin’s settings.
- Send your queries
Contributors & Developers
“Import Tweets as Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Import Tweets as Posts” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added option to exclude retweets from search query.
- Fixed the wrong tweet id issue.
- Added a meta key ‘_tweet_url’ to save tweet’s original url.
- Added a option in settings to set tweet post comment status.
- Fixed RT user incorrect hyperlink.
- Added a option in settings to display RT user name just before @screen_name.
- Added option of characters limit in tweet post title.
- Fixes the long retweets which get truncated.
- Fixes the tweets importing issue.
- Added option to import tweets as custom post type “tweet”.
- Set custom text before Tweets Post Title.
- Added option to set tweet publish date as per WordPress timezone.
- Hyperlinked the mentioned user under Tweets.
- Fixed Issue: Each tweet was creating an empty WordPress media object in the media library.
- Fixed Issue: Twitter’s t.co links were not being converted to hyperlinks just because of https.
- Now user can exclude replies from tweets.
- Added search query option to import tweets. Now user have two options to import tweets either through search query or user timeline.
- Hyperlinked the hash tags.
- Additional Fix: Tweet will not be imported again, if it is there in posts with any of these post status:
‘publish’, ‘pending’, ‘draft’, ‘auto-draft’, ‘future’, ‘private’, ‘inherit’
- New version will set imported tweet’s image as featured image in post.
- It also allows you to set tweet text as post title.
- Bug has been fixed for re-tweets import option