f(x) Categories Widget will register a custom widget “Categories +” it’s just like WordPress default Categories Widget, but with taxonomy option just like in Tag Cloud widget.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Works flawlessly for multiple widget instances.
- Select all build in taxonomy (such as category and tag) and all custom taxonomy.
- Now you can display your Post Tags as list or drop down (not only as tag cloud).
- The GPL v2.0 or later license. 🙂 Use it to make something cool.
- Support available at Genbu Media.
Notes for developer:
Development of this plugin is hosted at GitHub. Pull request and bug reports are welcome.
- Navigate to “Plugins > Add New” Page from your Admin.
- To install directly from WordPress.org repository, search the plugin name in the search box and click “Install Now” button to install the plugin.
- To install from plugin .zip file, click “Upload Plugin” button in “Plugins > Add New” Screen. Browse the plugin .zip file, and click “Install Now” button.
- Activate the plugin.
- Re-configure your widgets from “Appearance > Widgets” or “Appearance > Customize”.
- How to change my categories widget ?
Go to “Appearance > Widgets” or “Appearance > Customize” remove your default “Categories” widget with “Categories +”.
- Can I select tag in taxonomy ?
Yes, you can list category, post tag, or any custom taxonomy and display it as list or drop down just like categories.
Contributors & Developers
“f(x) Categories Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0.1 – 08 Dec 2016
- Fix typo in “show_option_none” language domain in widget output. Reported by Julien Brousse via Email.
1.0.0 – 9 Jan 2015
- Initial relase